I picked it because I like candy and because it is fun. The best in my opinion was bubble yum. My favorite part was seeing really bib bubbles.
Last year I did, do pop rocks and soda explode your stomach. That one also evolves candy. They were both really fun.
Here’s a look at my project:
What brand of bubble gum makes the biggest bubbles?
I think the gum with the highest sugar content would blow the biggest bubble. In this experiment, that would be Bubblicious gum.
Grams of Sugar (per piece):
Average Bubble Diameter:
Various brands of bubble gum
Big League Chew
- Start with one brand of gum.
- Each person chews that same brand of gum for 10 minutes.
- Begin blowing bubbles.
- Blow 5 bubbles with one piece of gum.
- Measure each bubble using the ruler and paperclip. This will give you the bubble diameter in centimeters.
- Write down the diameter of each bubble
- Repeat steps 1-6 for each brand of gum.
- After collecting all your data find your average. You find it by adding your data for that brand. Then divide by 5.
My hypothesis was correct. The gum with the higher grams of sugar made the largest bubbles. We also found the gum with the higher sugar content was easier to chew as well as made bigger bubbles.
The gum with the highest sugar (6g) and the biggest bubbles (6.8cm) was Bubblicious.